Wednesday, May 11, 2005

SPARKLE

It was fifteen years ago today
An amazing woman looked my way
I took a chance and then we talked
Her voice was just a mere whisper
I never thought she'd fall for me
But god was on my side that day
And what an angel that she was
Would never harm a single fly
We fell in love and then we married
She had the most beautiful soul
And making love, i'm still left speechless
How i used to melt each time
I miss those rare and beautiful eyes
That would radiate the darkest heart
And when this terminal illness struck her hard
I just wanted it to be me
For she truly did not deserve such pain
And there was nothing i could do
And as i held her hand while she laid in bed
Tonight, just before she died
She said, "thank you, hun...
For giving me the sparkle in my life"


T. Collins

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is - an incredible poem. The stillness of the experience - my thoughts are quiet out of respect for it. My heart feels for your loss but also weeps for the love you shared. In this poem I understand what it must be like. Lovely stunning work.